Friday, June 19, 2009

Exercise matters

Wow, so all that walking must've paid off because I just stepped on the scale and I'm down seven pounds. Very cool! That's 57 so far.

Just had to update that situation. Sure does improve my mood and lessen the stress, that's for sure! I woke up a little before 6, unable to sleep. My job has cut our hours by one - meaning they want us in at 10 now, not 9. So I tried to get back to sleep this morning but was having no luck. So I came out to the living room and talked to Erich for a while. He almost always makes me feel better. He was watching something on tv and turned it to the comedy network when he saw how stressed out I was. I was dreading getting on the scale because usually, in my life, when it rains it pours so to speak. So I was pretty damn stoked about that 7-lb. loss.

I rock.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, you DO rock, but you've always rocked. Now you're a thinner rocker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome, Cindy.

    You are doing so well loosing weight. Question for you... would you consider not having the surgery and just keep up doing what you are doing?

    Whatever you decide, I am rooting for you and appreciate you sharing your journey.

    Hugs to you...
    GenCi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Cindy! You rock, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again, thanks for the support ya'll. It means a lot.

    Cin (GenCi) - Yes, I've thought about cancelling the whole thing and just keep on doing what I'm doing. I've found that's a pretty common reaction to losing weight pre-op. But, I've lost 50 pounds (and more) over and over during my lifetime only to gain it all back and then some. I want to be successful this time long term...I want to reach my goal weight and have the tool that will help keep me on track forever. So I'm going ahead with the surgery, as scary as it is to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ((((Cindy)))) I found your blog here through your myspace blog. I'm going to follow your journey through your WLS and beyond. My best childhood friend had WLS years ago and has kept it off, she's a whole new woman now! it's amazing!

    Now I feel sorta guilty for screaming for more of your fic over at TBE, knowing now what you're preparing for. That's what I get for not keeping up :( Sorry about that!!!!

    XOXOX
    Kim from BBR, Betty Board, TBE :)

    ReplyDelete