Saturday, May 2, 2009

Back on track

First of all, thanks so much again for the comments you guys leave. Ya'll are the best.

What a week! I had a bad weekend (last weekend) and totally overdid it, felt sick all day Sunday. So I had guilt about that for a while. I swear I wanted to bang my head against the wall. I KNOW BETTER!! I was so mad at myself. But I really tried to just move on and get back on my program, and I think I was successful at that. A lady at work has been SO sick, hacking all over the place, and I kept thinking "If she gets me sick, esp. with a cough like that, before this surgery, I might kill her". Because when I get shit like that, I keep it forever like a lock of Bo's hair. Speaking of...another crapper of the week is logging onto Facebook and reading that he'd CUT HIS HAIR. I swear there were vapors. But it's still past his shoulders so it's all good. *whew* Then Adam landed in the bottom 3 on Idol. WTF??? Then Danny had his worst week yet on Hell's Kitchen. WTF?? I was holding my breath during eliminations on both shows. And there was more drama with the kid, which I won't go into except to shake my head and say "Sigh."

I decided to plug my new goal weight into Sparkpeople. By July 6, when I weigh in before my surgery, I'd like to lose another 30 pounds. I kinda think I might be lowballing myself, but I also know that as you lose weight, i.e., the less you weigh, the slower it comes off. The program cut my daily caloric goal back a little bit but that's ok because I rarely met my previous intake anyway. So, off we go to the new goal!

Things started off with a bang, lemme tell ya. LOL! I hopped on the scale Friday morning and let out a very loud "WHAT??" I thought for sure I woke Erich up. I'd lost 6 pounds! I was just hoping to break even, to undo the damage I did when I fell head first off the wagon last weekend. Isn't the human body odd? I can do so well with my eating and exercise and lose nothing, or I can mess around for a couple days and lose 6. It's weird. I hope I don't pay for that big loss next week. We'll see.

I've passed a milestone this week - I'm under "a certain weight" for the first time I can remember since perhaps college (I graduated in 1994). Back when I was first diagnosed with diabetes in 2005, I lost quite a bit of weight. Around 50 lbs., maybe. I don't know exactly because we didn't have a scale that would weigh me then and neither did my dr. So I might be around that weight again now. However, the last time I know I stepped on a scale and saw these numbers, I was in college. I'd lose a bunch of weight on phen-fen, the crazy diet drug combo that was eventually banned by the FDA because it could cause serious heart problems. I've been worried about my heart ever since then - that's one reason I was so glad when all my tests that I had for the surgery came back normal. But I digress. Anyway....it feels great to see these numbers on my scale again!

Next week I hope to hit another milestone. I'm two pounds away from having lost 50 lbs. I'm grinning like an idiot as I type that. LOL! So cross your fingers for me that I hit that next Friday!

6 comments:

  1. WAY TO GO!!!!!!
    6 LBS in one week, WOW. good for you.
    and you have every right to be grinning like an idiot(though idiot, you are not) and even dancing the jig. lol
    i am so very proud of you.
    glad to hear the phen-fen didnt get you, hopefully it didnt get me either. lol
    i have lost 14 lbs so far, and keeping up with you on here really helps to keep me motovated, you are inspiring.
    and dont beat yourself up too bad on cheating a little, i think you and i are alot alike when it comes to food, i know i love to eat. so i think we deserve a treat every now and agian, we just have to get back on the wagon. that is the most important thing, at least i think so.
    keep up the good work.
    i love ya,
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying to know what a typical menu for the day would be like. How about posting one? You're doing so great and I can't wait to see you on the 23rd! Me, I'm not doing so well with the weight loss. I'm stuck in a rut and can't seem to get out of it. Keep doing what you're doing...Cindy I'm so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY Cindy!! Did I tell you lately how much I admire you? I do, really. Not only admire, but am so excited. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go, Cindy! 50 pounds is a big damn deal!!! I admire your courage and your spunk! I had a rough week with my diet - didn't get to weigh in this week because of work and meetings and then there are all these banquets and retirement parties at the end of the school year...omg...but you give me inspiration! ML, Bocrazy Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grinning right along with you sweetie! ;) Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are AMAZING, Cindy. Turly an inspiration. You have a lot to be proud of and a lot of people rooting you on. It's also way entertaining that you are rooting for the same people I am on both Idol and Hell's Kitchen. :)

    Big hugs to you...
    GenCi

    ReplyDelete