Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Inked

I got my tattoo last Saturday! And I didn't even pass out or anything. Actually, it wasn't that bad. It hurt, but not as badly as I remember my first tattoo bothering me.

Erich found a very cool design online so I went with that. When I sat down to begin the tattoo, I tried not to focus on the pain and just remember what this really meant. It's an indelible reminder of all I've been through the past year. Of all I've accomplished. Of a place I never want to go back to.







I will get the final tattoo when I lose the final 50 pounds, at the top of the 'tower'. It will be the biggest heart, of course.

Some of those pictures were freaky to me when I first saw them. Not so much the tattooing, but the way I look in them. Especially the one in the top row, on the right. Is that me?? I don't think that looks anything like me. That looks like someone who is normal, thin even. I look at that picture and don't see a fat girl. LOL! It's just weird to me when I see pics of myself and I don't recognize me.

I decided to get another small tatt just for the hell of it. It's my maiden name on my wrist. I've always wanted to do something with my name and it took about 15 minutes. Still hurt, though!





I lost 7 pounds last week which put me at 245 - 199 pounds total lost. I was thrilled, but man! One more pound to 200! Still, it was good to sit for my heart tatt and know I really had lost 200 pounds. Well, almost.

We had beautiful weather all last week, so I was outside every day after work walking, jogging and hiking. It made me wonder if it would be better for me to exercise on my own rather than at the gym. I think I will keep my membership for rainy days this spring and summer. Or for smog alert days - yes, we get those here. But I find I so enjoyed being outside. I can't see driving to the gym to walk on a treadmill when I can be outside in the fresh air. Makes no sense to me. And I haven't lost seven pounds in one week since...well, since before I joined the gym. I was walking outside the last time that happened. Things that make you go hmmm...

I bought a belt over the weekend! I honestly don't remember the last time I owned a belt. No idea. But I need one now for those jeans I bought a few weeks back; the size 22-jeans that I was sure I couldn't fit into. Well, they're too big in the waist already. I could probably do with a 20. Go figure. I must stop buying clothes because my sizes will change so much more rapidly now.

Another thing that happened over the weekend was I finally changed out my earrings - which means my ears are totally healed! Woot! I can wear earrings! I'm very easily amused. LOL!

I'm now 51 pounds away from my goal of 194 pounds (amended from my previous goal of 200 pounds even). Fifty-one ain't that much, ya'll. I'd love to be there by my one-year surgical anniversary. But if that doesn't happen, it's ok. I've accomplished a lot and it will come off eventually. I have faith in that.

7 comments:

  1. Seriously, look at those first two pictures! You are seeing a "normal" person, not a fat one. Do you do a double-take when you see your reflection in a mirror or glass unexpectedly?

    I laughed at your belt comment. Don't want your drawers dropping now do we? I use a belt less frequently now. I always used to tuck a shirt in with something over it before and used a belt because the waist showed. Now I can wear a tank top over my pants underneath something and it looks pretty okay.

    Keep the faith, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fifty-one pounds to go! PIECE OF CAKE! I mean, STICK OF CARROT! :) Love ya girl! I have faith in you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy I am so proud of you and what you have accomplished. The end is in sight and you will be at your goal weight before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tats Cindy, and you look fantastic! You think it's weird seeing pics of yourself? Try looking for you at the Walmart, I damn near walked right past you last time! Can't wait to see how that goes this time... soon!!! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the tattoo! (Still don't think I could get one but I love the design you chose and the symbols behind it.) That first picture made me do a double take as well. Holeeee Cow that's one skinny chick! Am I understanding correctly? 194 is your final goal weight? Cuz if that's so...well crap you're almost there! I still have a long ways to go...it's coming off so
    S..L..O..W..L..Y.. LOL
    Anyway, way to go, love the tattoo, love your pic and you're doing fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on another milestone, and on the new INK. You deserve this!

    (Laura - "stick of carrot" made me laugh out loud!!! HA! )

    -BILL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! And yes, Cindi... you DO look THIN in those pics. Nice ink, too!!!! :)

    Big hugs!
    GenCi

    ReplyDelete