Saturday, May 9, 2009

Cleaning out my closet

First of all, I'm neglecting this blog and I need to get with the program. I need it to keep me honest so I'm going to really try and post more. I think of things to say but then I'm too lazy to post! Nutty. I love to write, it's just about my favorite thing to do in the world. So do it, right? Write. Right.

I'm not happy with the numbers on the scale this week. On Friday, they said I'd gained 4 lbs. This morning, it changed to 2. *major eye roll* It's that lovely time of the month (my cycle is all over the place) so I expected a gain of one or two, but it seems my friend the scale is a tad schizo. I don't really know what to think about it. I guess I'll just get back on the horse and hope for the best next week.

I had a jogging episode last week. I call it an episode 'cause I'm not really sure what it was. LOL! Some of you already know this because I posted it on Facebook. I went out for a walk and came to a large, long apartment building in our neighborhood on a corner. I stopped and said to myself "Self, can you run to the end of the street?" I looked around, making sure no one was watching my fat ass jiggle and carry on, then went for it. And I made it! Erich told me that's about 40 feet. Not far, but hey. I haven't run anywhere on purpose for about 23 years, maybe? I stopped taking gym when I was a sophomore. ;)

I spent part of today shopping in my own closet. I needed to try things on and see what I had in there I could wear since I'm feeling my weight loss in my clothes now. There are maybe 6-10 tops that I wear on a rotating basis, though I have tons more in my closet. I'm sure every woman can relate to that, no matter her weight. Those tops are comfy and they hide things. You know. But they're getting majorly loose on me, so I wanted to see what was what in there. Things got shoved to the back that were too tight or, a more pressing problem for me, too short. I swear, I have a whole new wardrobe. LOL! At least 10-15 tops that were iffy before now fit me well. There were some that aren't quite there yet but that's ok. It'll come. I'm looking forward to wearing my "new" clothes!

I got some new shoes last week; my old ones were too loose as they were wide widths and stretched out more with wear. Plus, I wear the soles of my shoes out quickly due to my weight. But I replaced my favorite pair with an exact replica - same size, but regular width. They fit perfectly.

It feels good to shrink out of your clothes, dude. That rocks.

I also finally retired my college class ring till further notice. I've been wearing it on my middle finger almost since I got it. They made me try on one of those ring sizers and for some reason, the one that fit me best was a size 10. Dude, size 10?? No way. But they insisted I get a size 10. Well, it's always been too big. I can get the thing on my thumb at this point. It's been sliding around my middle finger, especially in the pool. So I'm giving it up till I hit goal, then I'll get it resized. Odd because I've worn that ring every day of my life since 1994. I had my wedding set resized a few years ago to a size 7-1/2 and now it's too big as well, but not enough to get it resized again yet.

Good stuff happening! I'm happy and excited, even with the gain this week. I know the scale will move down next week. I just know it will. So it's all good.

6 comments:

  1. It will move down. That's great about the old, new clothes fitting. Congrats on the running. You go girl!!! Keep up the good work. I'm pulling for you here in PA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention this in my first post, but I originally read your title as "Coming out of the Closet." I'm glad you're just cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rock on! Glad you got some "new" clothes! Congratulations, Cindy. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the best feeling in the world, to find clothes in your own closet that you can again wear with confidence. I am hoping that happens to me, soon, too. And the jogging? WAY TO GO!!! Even the best runners have to start with a very short distance to build up their stamina, and even then... they have better days than others, just like the rest of us. You are truly an inspiration, and I appreciate you sharing your journey with us. Starting today.... I am going to try to loose 10 pounds this month and will use your blog today as inspiration. Hugs to you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW... That comment by Anonymous is me... GenCi from TBE. I don't know why I couldn't post as me, but it's me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i checked back a couple of times to see if there was a new blog and there wasnt and just when i stop checking you post one.P~~~~~~~~~
    anyway, jogging, WOW. definately something i can not do. even 20ft. so way to freaking go.
    and i just went through my closet and found some things that i can where now as well, and it feels awsome, and so are you, keep up the good work.
    love ya, missy

    ReplyDelete