Saturday, May 30, 2009

I'm baaaack!

Greetings and salutations. I'm back in the Great White North and feeling sorta human again. I have a little cold that's much better today and my psycho cycle has cranked it into high gear yet again, but I'm doing ok. Considering! LOL!

I got back from Ohio on Wednesday morning about 4 a.m. after being down there for 8 days. My beloved 93-year-old grandmother passed away; my mother called last Monday and was worried I wouldn't make it down there before she went. Well, she hung on, bless her heart, till Sat. morning around 12:30 a.m. It's hard to wait for someone you love to die. You know it's the right thing, that it's time and she needs to go, but it's still so difficult to bear. She was the grande dame of our entire extended family. She will be missed. http://www.boyerfuneral.com/ (click on Hazel A. Brannan)

I tried my best to stick to the healthy eating thing while I was there but it was hard. My parents own a restaurant and we ate there every day instead of my mom having to cook. I made pretty good choices most of the time and I did exercise a couple times. All told, I was still prepared for a nasty number on the scale. Not too bad...I only gained a pound. I'll take it, believe me. *whew*

I have read many articles about the need for weight-loss patients, or anyone losing a great deal of weight, to make a list of things they want to do when they reach their goal weight. Things we can't do now because of our size or health problems or whatever. The other day, I even heard The Biggest Loser trainer Jillian Michaels on Oprah talking about the importance of such a list. So I'm going to do that - here are a few things I've thought of and I'll add to the list every week:

- Walk or stand for long periods of time. By that I mean walk a couple miles or stand for more than a few minutes (you know, like several hours at a Bo Bice concert).

- Buy cute clothes! I don't know what it's like to go into a store and be able to actually wear stuff. And have room to go up a size or two! That'll be nice.

- Sit in a booth at a restaurant.

- Cross my legs!

- Look at chairs or seats in movie theaters or stadiums or on patios and wonder if they're strong and/or wide enough.

- Energy. I need me some of that.

6 comments:

  1. Cindy, I'm so sorry for your loss. (((HUGS))) Great job with how well you did weight-wise. It's hard to go home and not slip into old habits. You done GOOD!!!

    Looks like you've got a great list started--all stuff that's reasonable and attainable. I'll look forward to seeing more of what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy.... I am so sorry that your Grandmother has passed. She looks like a terrifc lady, and wow! What an extended family. You are all her legacy, and I am sure she is proud.

    That is a great list! And a pound is no big deal at all. You did very well, especially finding the time to exercise. That is definitely important.

    Hugs to you...
    GenCi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy, Sorry about your Grandmother. 93 years sounds like a full life to me. We should all be so lucky to have that much time on this earth to make a difference in other people's lives. It sounds like she did a pretty good job of it.
    Glad to see you cutting yourself some slack on the pound. It's important.
    As for your list... I'm going to be tough on you...(cause I heart you) Start thinking BIG.. because you deserve it. Maybe a trip to Paris (the city, not the person.. LOL) or skydiving, Disney World, Grand Canyon, White Water Rafting, or a ton of other things that seem impossible right now. I'm so excited for you and this journey you are on. I know it's tough.. but you are doing it. Keep up the good work.
    MUCH LOVE!
    BILL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Cindy: I'm sorry about your grandmother - I have an Aunt named Hazel Brannon...interesting! Well, you did good, girl. I am glad to know you are making that list. It will be so good to do all the things you've said. I'm slowly losing now after all the big weight loss in the beginning - guess this means I've REALLY got to exercise! HA!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you to everyone for your condolences. Linda, my whole life people have spelled our family's name with an 'on' at the end! What a small world.

    Oh Bill...gosh, all that traveling would be awesome but I'm afraid those are all pretty unreach-able goals just because of the money involved! LOL! I'd settle for a Bo trip. I would love to try white water rafting and skydiving, though. Food for thought. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'm so glad you hooked me up with your blog, I forget sometimes that the connections we've made in the Bo world are actually the people who can sustain us through difficult challanges in our lives too. I'm ready to jump on this bandwagon and get healthy. I know I deserve it, and now that I have the time, I have no excuses. I'm so proud of you Cindi. Keep up the good work.
    I'm so sorry about your grandma. Mine lived to be 100. She was amazing. I still miss her.

    ReplyDelete