Sunday, June 7, 2009

Milestone #2 - and reality setting in

I lost 5 lbs. this week for a total of 50. *whew* I was starting to freakin' sweat there for a while! The last month has been rough. I was staying the same, up a pound, lost a pound, etc. When you're used to seeing an average 4-lb. loss a week, that can be frustrating. I know I can't keep that pace forever but it still sucked while it lasted. Maybe the "plateau" is cleared, at least for now.

So now I gotta get my pedicure. I had lunch with my friend Marianne yesterday who suggested taking me to her niece's, an esthetician, the next time she comes to the area. I will definitely do that, but I want to get the pedicure sooner. My stepdaughter is a hairdresser so maybe I'll go into her salon (and use her employee discount..heh). We'll see.

Marianne is going to the CMA Music Fest in Nashville this week. Ah yes, a lot of my friends will be there. Bo will be all over the place including hosting the first-ever fan club party. The fact that I cannot possibly go has me close to slashing my wrists, I'll admit (kidding). But Marianne and I were talking. She's "family" as us plus-size girls like to say, although not near my size. She's a little concerned about all the walking around that comes with going to a huge festival like that. I would be, too. It's something that most people take for granted, this thing of being able to move around without thinking about it much. Oh sure, if even an average-sized person walked around for 5 days they'd feel it. But they would be ABLE to walk around a festival for 5 days. I don't think there's any way I could do that at all, so maybe it's ok that I can't go to Nashville next week.

Next year. And the little hippie boy BETTER have another party next year. If he doesn't, maybe I'll have my own. Heh.

It's June 7 and one month from today I'll be on the operating table. Wow. I'm really doing this, huh? Geez...*deep breath* The reality of the situation is setting in. I'm a worrier by nature so I'm starting to stress out a little. I haven't been sleeping very well since I got back from my grandmother's funeral. I keep waking up during the night. I have a lot going through my head, I guess - work stress (mine & Erich's) to paperwork to nth degree plus a death in the family and more.

Ruby returns for a 2nd season on July 5, the day before I leave for Detroit. I'm soooo gonna watch that and try to draw some strength from her. I'll probably be bawling like a baby!

In any event, life is good and if there's any kind of stress that's productive, I guess it would be the kind that involves thinking about and planning a whole new life. I'm about to change in ways that I can't even understand yet, but it's a good thing. It's all good.

5 comments:

  1. You bet it's a good thing1 You hang in there Cindi. You can do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cindy
    It was so good spending some time with you yesterday! Listen about the pedicure...I did talk to my niece and she said for sure us to come to her house and she would do them there. I see you want to get it done soon...do you want me to see if I could get her to do them on the 20th for our next lunch date? I just thought of something...you should check and see if they will make you take the polish off before surgery because then it might be a good idea to wait till after. In any case...let me know.
    Love ya Cindy and I couldn't be more proud of ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna miss you this coming weekend. There are some good things gonna be happening in and around Nashville and your not being there just doesn't seem right. I understand, though, and you're doing the right thing. Just know I'll be thinking of you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go, Cindy!! 5 lbs is a good chunk to lose! I lost .6 oz...but I am happy about that. I have had a hard time sticking to it this past week - you are my inspiration! I am so excited for you - one month away - wow! You've worked so hard for this! Keep up the good work! Much love, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb - Thanks hon. Love you to pieces!

    Marianne - You're right! I can't have polish on my fingers or toes for the surgery. Well, I was talking to Erich and he suggests I get one done on the 20th and then I can get another done at Ericha's salon after the surgery. HA! Why didn't I think of that? I have a good man. ;-) Can't wait to see you again!

    Laura - It's killing me not to be in Nashvegas. Seriously. I miss all you guys more than Bo, believe me! Next year.

    Linda - Hey, ANY loss is a good loss! I'm so flattered you say you're inspired by me. Thank you! And you keep up the good work, too. :)

    ReplyDelete