Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Pedicure!

I said when I lost 50 pounds, I would treat myself to my first-ever pedicure. So I did and it was pretty damn sweet.

I have a thing about people touching my feet - it freaks me out a little. I'm not really sure why, but it's not a favorite thing of mine. And, if I'm being honest, I've always felt self-conscious about getting stuff like that done because I have it in my head that the person doing it is thinking to themselves "OMG, I can't believe I have to touch this ugly fat chick." Yeah, I know. But I'm being honest. Massages are another huge phobia because of that reason...I don't think I could ever submit to a massage. I would never be able to relax enough to enjoy it.

In my late 20s I discovered the joy of manicures and got them pretty frequently when I lived in Ohio and could better afford them. Still, hands and feet aren't the same thing. LOL!

This past Saturday, the Ontario league of Bo Peeps got together for lunch. Well, most of us anyway. There's nothing like sitting around chatting with people who 'get it'. My friend Marianne's niece Meredith is an esthetician so afterwards, she and I went to her sister's house so Meredith could take away my innocence *adjusts halo*

Meredith is a very sweet, very pretty young woman who really, seriously knows what she's doing. She made me feel comfortable and shockingly enough, I wasn't the least bit freaked out by anything she was doing. It was a comfy setting in a private home with a good friend by my side; it was a good place to lose my pedi virginity. I chose 'black cherry' as my color. I thought it appropriate. HA!

So here are my pretty new feet. I've never had hooves like this, lemme tell ya! (click to enlarge)



I'm trying to remain positive and eat right despite overwhelming stress at work and at home. I should've went swimming tonight but I went walking instead. 20 mins.....getting to that 30 min. mark slowly but surely! Thanks for all of your ongoing support. *mwah*

10 comments:

  1. Cindy, girl, your feet look gorgeous. I've only had a pro pedi once and I almost kicked the girl off the stool not once but TWICE because I'm so ticklish. I decided then and there to do my feet myself from then on. And I'm with ya on massages ;)

    I'm so impressed with you and your efforts, Cindy. I knew you could do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your feet! They look beeeautiful! I hear ya on the massage too, never had one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Them is the best looking feet ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to think if I have any relatives who do massages....LOL...nope...but I do have a friend who started the massage therapy class but I don't think she finished. When she needed guinea pigs I agreed to let her test out her techniques on me...it was great. I have regularily gone for a massage with a certified massage therapist, just my back and my legs, not the entire body. The girl doing it has never made me feel bad because of my size. I suggest you start off slow, go for just a neck massage or something and build it slowly to where you feel comfortable enough to let them do more. I have benefits from my work and Mark's work that cover me for massage so I figure WTH, I'm going to take advantage of it.
    It's my understanding that a certain handsome someone was actually a registered massage therapist at one time....can you imagine getting a massage from him?
    Cindy you're a wonderful, giving, kind, gentle, loving person...you deserve to do nice things for yourself. Make your next reward a massage...you won't regret it. You can always daydream that it's a certain someone doing it. LOL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yeah, Marianne...that's right - Bo was a masseuse...or something like that! I can't imagine that in my wildest dreams...well, okay, maybe in my WILDEST dreams!! Good going, Cindy, your feet look purrrrr=ty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad it worked out well for you. As I told you, it is only the last 10 years or so that I started getting pedicures and with the right person doing it, it is wonderful. Congrats on the weight loss and happy to see you again and get caught up - You look amazing!!! You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, the thought of Bo giving me a massage would be great in theory and fantasy but the actuality of it would completely freak me out! Noooooo....couldn't go there. But it's nice to think about! LOL!

    Ya'll are sweet. Thanks again. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cindi,
    I'm so glad you've decide to share this journey with us. You've never been an ugly duckling.. except in your own mind, but you are going to make a beautiful swan. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to see that you are taking care of yourself... and that you have good friends close by. (Love the "index toe ring" !!!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS feet, Cindy!

    I have only had 1 massage ever, but I will be going again within a month. I, too, thought I would NEVER be able to get a massage, because I am waaayyyyy self conscious, but really... it is very healthful, and massage therapists are professionals.

    Massage actually keeps your body in balance, and thus optimizes your metabolism, so I am told. I must admit, after my last and only massage, I did loose 2 pounds that week. So... by all means.. face your fears! And please... don't ever think that you are... I can't even type it... but PLEASE do not think that anyone would think that... you are a beautiful person, inside and out.

    Hugs to you....
    GenCi

    ReplyDelete