Sunday, January 30, 2011

It's t-shirt tiiiime!!!

Hello, my name is Cindy and I am addicted to t-shirts.

I bought two new t-shirts yesterday and after I hung them up in my closet, I thought "Damn. I'm getting quite the collection here!" I've always been a t-shirt sort of girl, but as much as I have always loved music and sports, I never had t-shirts to proclaim my love for my favorite band or team - or my support for a cause, or pride in heritage.

I did have a man's size-6x Ohio State shirt that I found once in a big and tall shop in Columbus, Ohio. I *treasured* that shirt and wore it till it was basically a rag.

When I was in high school, there were no shirts or jerseys for me. I was pretty much the only one who didn't have anything to wear come game day. Same for college.

A lifelong Cincinnati Bengals fan, I remember having one shirt when I was in junior high - it was also a find from a man's big & tall shop. You know, I still don't have a Bengals shirt! I have looked when I go home and, oddly enough, can't find them anywhere. I guess I'll have to order one online.

I'm going a little crazy buying every one I can get my hands on. At least I'm not buying designer dresses, huh? The affordability of this habit makes it hard to say no. LOL! Erich can't complain because he feeds the addiction. There have been several times when I've been in a store trying to choose between two shirts and he takes them from me and tosses them both in the cart. I guess he thinks I deserve to splurge a bit!

Take Bo Bice t-shirts for example. I can't tell you how it always killed me that I couldn't wear one. I spent almost 5 years sighing heavily at merch tables and online listings, wishing for a damn Bo Bice t-shirt. When I bought my first one, at the fan club party last year in Nashville during CMA Fest, you would've thought I had just scored the Holy Grail. I was a happy, happy girl that day! I have five years' worth of merch to buy...!!!!

Here are just a few in my ever-growing collection (click to enlarge):











Here's a link to all of them: T-shirt album.

There aren't enough days in the week to wear all of this stuff so I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Most of them I can't really wear to work even though my office is very casual (I would find it difficult to work in an environment where I couldn't wear jeans & a t-shirt to the office...sorry). I guess I'll just keep buying them till I'm satisfied that I'm all caught up on the stuff I should've been able to wear all these years. If that's the worst I do, then I'm ok.

I lost one pound last week, so that's six in total for The Biggest Loser's Pound for Pound Challenge that a lot of us Bo fans are doing to support Second Harvest of Middle Tennessee. We're up to over 100 pledges now! Come on...you can even pledge maintenance if you have nothing to lose and that counts as 10 pounds - which means 10 pounds of food for Second Harvest. You know you wanna!

1 comment:

  1. I Love T shirts too and am a 2002 Lap Roux&Y 100 lb looser. Are you on Facebook? Lets catch up sometime I love your blog and found it on Jeans email. Hope to catch up soon. and Congrats! you look Mavellllllouussss! Liz

    ReplyDelete