Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My pants are longer

The past couple of days have been a little odd. I'm feeling off-kilter; I think it's about to be that time of the month and I've been struggling with cravings - especially over the weekend. I've been trying to exercise more to offset the extra calories. Not like I'm eating a whole lot, but I just worry about it.

But something GOOD to come about lately is I think I'm starting to notice a change in my body. It seems to have happened all at once. Even other people seem to be picking up on it - I've had 4 people at work ask me about my weight loss. One of my co-workers put it this way: "Cindy, how much have you lost, anyway? I can tell you're losing just by the way you walk around." She means that I, uh, CAN walk around. Walk - instead of waddle, hobble, whatever. Yes! I can walk around better. It's a small thing, but I have noticed it. I no longer dread getting out of my chair to go ask someone a question in another department or get something off the printer. I'm up and down much easier these days.

And my pants are longer.

I noticed this on Monday when I got dressed. When I pulled the pant legs on, I had to inch them up past my feet more than usual - they were nearly dragging the floor. I know from experience that means they're looser. So that's a good thing.

I don't know if any of you saw Ruby Gettinger on Oprah this past Monday. She is the star of a reality show called "Ruby" on the Style Network in the U.S. and on E! in Canada. She once weighed over 700 pounds and is now down to almost 350. Can we talk about an inspiration? I first saw a full-page ad for her show in People magazine last summer and was immediately drawn to this woman whose body looked so much like mine. You don't see that much in national magazines. I had to wait a few months for it to premiere in Canada, but I've seen every episode and won't let Erich take them off the pvr! I adore her. She is me. It's touching, hysterical and sad all at the same time. 90% of the things she goes through or talks about, I can relate to. You can check her out here: http://www.mystyle.com/mystyle/shows/ruby/index.jsp or see the links at the bottom of the page.

7 comments:

  1. As I've said before Cindy... YOU ROCK!
    I had never heard of Ruby before and all I can say is WOW. Thanks for the link!
    Keep on keeping babe.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are dong Awesome...I have not met you yet like I told you before even tho we all ate dinner together in Stroudsburg but one day we will meet..Till then give yourself a pat on the back..You are doing AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am back to woek now, so it is taking me a bit longer to check in, but wow. i myself have lost about 5 lbs, but im not doing near as good as you, you always were better at things than me, lol. i have heard of Ruby but have not yet checked it out, wish i had high speed so i could.
    Keep up the great work, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy - Paris just told me about this and sent me the link. You go, girl!!! You are doing amazing and know you will be totally successful - you are smart, pretty and determined - a great combination.
    (((Hugs)))

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Cindy!!
    Woo-hoo for longer pants!!!

    This Friday, Paris was telling me about your journey when we were at Bo's show in Pontiac, MI. She said she would send me the link to your blog, and here I am.

    I've read a bit and it sounds like you are doing GREAT!!! Congrats to you. It sure sounds like you have the right attitude to make those next 20 pounds disappear before the end of April. I bet it'll be even more.

    Keep up the great work!!

    Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. BTW..that's Laura (twnk) above, not Laura (bicebabe) LOL..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diane - Ruby is so awesome. I just love her and she is a major inspiration to me.

    Sharon - Thanks! I just told a couple of friends the other day that I was trying not to break my arm patting myself on the back. LOL! I'm pretty proud of myself. And I'm sure we'll meet up at a show eventually. :)

    Missy - Oh, I didn't know you were back to work. They still don't have high-speed out there where you live? Yikes. I don't think I could ever go back to dial up! And thanks for the support, Miss.

    Chris - Hi sweetie! Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm definitely making progress and I'm proud of myself. Plus I feel so much better.

    Laura - LOL, I figured out it was you :) And I sure am hoping I'll pass that 40 pound mark by the end of April. I'm just gonna keep on doing what I'm doing! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete