Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Bustin' a move

I rarely go walking without my mp3 player in tow. Unless it's 11 p.m. or something, I'm jamming as I move along.

Tonight, for example, I'm pretty sure I made an ass out of myself because I couldn't help but dance and sing along to this.



Ohhhhh, I love that song. And it always reminds me of my friend Lecia, who is one of my favorite people.

But my song rotation is feeling kinda tired. I need some fresh tunage! So my question is...what do you listen to when you work out? Or what would you like to hear if you did? LOL!

Here's a sample of what's already on my player - I don't have 10,000 songs or anything. I just load whatever I'm feeling at the moment. And no, I don't have an iPod. It's a regular run-of-the-mill player.

Kid Rock - Bawitdaba
Pink - Most Girls
Nickelback - Animals
Bo Bice - Got Money & Lonely Boy Blues
Seether - Remedy
Bon Jovi - We Got it Goin' On
Michael Jackson - Don't Stop Till You Get Enough
AC/DC - Whole Lotta Rosie
Commodores - Brick House
Pat Benatar - Heartbreaker
Disturbed - Down with the Sickness
Eddie Money - Shakin'
Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
Hot Action Cops - Feva for the Flava
Kanye West - Stronger
Lenny Kravitz - Are You Gonna Go My Way
Little Big Town - Bones
Downtown Money Wasters - Rest My Bones
Monster Magnet - Space Lord
Pitbull - Calle Ocho (I Know You Want Me)
Rednex - Cotton Eye Joe
Kris Bell - Livin' For Tomorrow
Rascall Flatts - Bob That Head
Robbie Williams - Rock DJ
Usher - Yeah
Keith Urban - I Told You So
Tom Petty - Last Dance with Mary Jane
Rob Zombie - More Human Than Human & Thunderkiss 65
Styx - Renegade
Pink, Mya, Lil Kim & Christina Aguilera - Lady Marmalade
Nazareth - Hair of the Dog
Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train
Garth Brooks - Ain't Goin' Down till the Sun Comes Up
Eminem - Lose Yourself
Britney Spears - If You Seek Amy
Pray for the Soul of Betty - Some of My Fucked Up World
Gary Nichols - Homegrown
Metallica - Enter Sandman

I know....I have a wide variety of music that I like. Strange bedfellows. LOL! Well, maybe that list gave some of you some ideas and maybe you can return the favor to me. Just gimme an uptempo song that will get the blood pumping.

10 comments:

  1. Don't laugh - "Lost Without Each Other" by Hanson...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about "Sweet Home Alabama" - either Skynryd or Bo versions? or "New Orleans is Sinking" by the Tragically Hip? I am sure anything will be good by you, as you do have eclectic taste in music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How's about.... Planet Boom by Tommy Lee/Methods of Mayhem and the soundtrack to the Matrix, especially the Prodigy song that is on there.... And... how's about Steel Dragon, "Stand Up." I do love to work out, especially to kickin' music. :) I used to kickbox to those tunes and loved every second.

    GenCi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some Def Leppard, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jackie - I just googled that and watched the video on You Tube. Not bad! It got my head boppin'.

    Chris - SHA is kinda slow for my taste. Do you know I hear 'New Orleans is Sinking' all the time and never knew who sang it till you just told me?? LOL! I'd never heard the song till I moved up here.

    GenCi - 'Welcome to Planet Boom' is going on my player right NOW. I shoulda thought of that one before! 'Stand Up and Shout' is Dio, right? I'm thinking Steel Dragon is from that movie Rockstar. I haven't heard that song in forever!

    Anon - Def Leppard, yes! Maybe 'Pour Some Sugar on Me' or 'Rock of Ages'. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Godsmack. Especially "Voodoo" and "Voodoo too". Tool (I get totally off on the bass in their songs)"Sober". It's not like a fast beat or anything but that bass gets the blood pumping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LMAO Cindy!! I had to watch this video and get my groove on for old time sake. Thanks for posting that. :) When I used to work out, I had some kick ass playlists on my old mp3 player, but of course I can hardly remember any of them. If I were to create one today, it would have She's Country by Jason Aldean, Gunpowder and Lead by Miranda Lambert, Survivor by Destiny's Child, When I'm Gone by 3 Doors Down, Forgiven or You Oughta Know by Alanis Morissette, Fighter by Christina Aguilera, and the list goes on. I like your list too. Reminds me of a few songs I need to add to my iTouch.

    Have fun!
    Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Cindy!

    "Steel Dragon" is the band from teh movie Rockstar. It is their song "Stand Up" I am thinking of, and would be great for a warm-up stretch. Honestly, the entire soundtrack from "The Matrix" is a great one to work out to. That's where that Prodigy song I am thinking of is.

    Enjoy! Keep bopping and rocking! :)

    Hugs...
    GenCi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you have some good ideas. These are on my walking playlist right now:

    Eminem - Without Me
    Yazz - the Only Way is Up
    Killers - Somebody Told Me & Mr Brightside & All the Things I've Done
    White Stripes - Icky Thump
    La Roux - Bulletproof
    Miranda Lambert - Gunpower & Lead, Kerosene & Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
    Arctic Monkeys - I Bet That You Look Good on the Dance Floor
    The Darkness - I Believe in a Thing Called Love
    The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary
    Paolo Nutini - 10 out of 10 (You can't listen to this and not feel happy!)
    Avril Lavigne - Complicated
    Kelly Clarkson - Since U Been Gone
    Bare Naked Ladies - You Can be My Yoko Ono
    Fat Boy Slim - The Rockefeller Skank & Brimful of Asher
    Dixie Chicks - Not Ready to Make Nice
    Fall Out Boy - Sugar We're Going Down
    Crabbuckit - K-os
    Pink - Get the Party Started
    The MoneyMaker - Rilo Kiley

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim - Godsmack...yes! Good suggestion.

    Lecia - LOL! We did have fun in Amish country, didn't we? ;) I have some of those you suggested on my player and will definitely add a few others. Love you, girlie!

    lulu - Ohhh...good list! I like pretty much all those songs. Must download and add! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete