Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Life rewards

I've been noticing little things, small, sudden rewards that come with my weight loss. Mostly when I'm not even thinking about how much weight I've lost.

- I no longer need my seat belt extender in my car. I bought that car a decade ago when I still lived in Ohio. When I agreed to buy it, I told the salesguy: "I will need a seat belt extender; if I can't get one, then I can't buy the car." He assured me all I had to do was call a number to get it. So I bought the car. Called the number immediately - no extender available. Hooookay...so I called the salesguy up again, leaving a voicemail, and told him I was bringing the car back (you have 3 days to do that in Ohio - at least you did then) unless he could find me an extender. He called back in about 15 mins. and told me to come pick it up. Why he didn't do that in the beginning is beyond me. Anyway...I've needed that thing every single time I have driven or ridden in my car since then. I tried about a week ago to get the belt on without it and *click*! It's a tad tight, but it fits. I still use the extender because it's simply more comfortable, but I don't need it. When I got in my mom's car recently, I clicked the seat belt and she noticed. She said 'Hey! You can put the seat belt on!' LOL!

- Water rushes past my hips in the bathtub now. Which means my ass no longer functions as as a drain plug. I got in there several days ago and *whoosh*! I stared down at the sides of the tub and just smiled.

- According to Erich, I now have a neck. Now, some women might take that as a backhanded compliment. I'm like 'So I didn't have a neck before?' (I was teasing him...of course I didn't have a neck before!) He said 'It was hiding.' LMAO! He also says I'm "softer" now which he insists is a good thing but I think that probably means I need to get my ass to a gym or something.

- For fun, I decided to try on my winter coats/jackets. In July. Yeah, I know, but I was curious. Not a single one of them fit me anymore except an old leather trenchcoat I've had for about 15 years. It hasn't fit me in forever, but I couldn't bear to throw it away. A coat that my mother-in-law made for me is so big, I can almost get Erich into the damn thing with me. I'll definitely need a new coat this year.

- I don't snore anymore. Erich says he used to know I was still alive by the sound of my snoring from the bedroom when he'd mute the tv in the middle of the night after he came home from work. He was only half kidding. My sleep apnea was pretty harsh. I hated the damn CPAP machine though, and never wore it. Now he says he went to check on me one night because I was quiet for so long. I was fine, just not snoring. Evidently I do sometimes, but hardly ever and it's much quieter.

- I no longer take my diabetes medication. My dr. halved it right away after the surgery and I was keeping an eye on my glucose levels - well, they got so low that I decided to experiment with not taking the medicine at all. I've been fine ever since so I see no need to take it anymore. Of course, my dr. will make that final decision, but I have a feeling my days of Metformin and finger poking are over.

- A lot of people who have seen me in person lately remark on how good I look, apart from the weight loss. Even my skin tone is "glowing", according to a good friend. My eyes are brighter and I smile more. Well, I'm eating better, exercising and have lost nearly 100 lbs. so I guess that shows. It's good to hear :)

- I did go into work once since I've been off and plopped down in my chair for a moment. For the first time, my hips didn't touch the sides. I even said out loud 'Oh! I can fit in my chair better!' My boss just laughed.

I'm sure there are more that I'm not thinking of. Sometimes random thoughts occur to me, too. Like this morning, it dawned on me that I might be able to buy shirts off Cafe Press now! LOL! I know that's a silly thing to be happy about but I'm a big t-shirt person and I was always seeing cool things on there that I'd love to have. I do searches for 'graphic designer' or 'writer' and my lord, I could spend hundreds of dollars. I've bought the 5x sizes from them before and they were way too small. More like a small 4x. Well....I can wear a 4x now. Heh.

So there are lots of things happening for me, to me, now. I can only see one way to go - UP UP UP. ;-)

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on alllll those victories, Cindy. They are by no means small; each victory is truly a big deal. CONGRATS!

    GenCi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome accomplishments, Cindy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's some good things. I'm gushing for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BIG 2 THUMBS UP!!!!
    ML
    BILL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great observations, Cindy! Thank you for sharing your journey.

    ML,
    Bocrazy

    ReplyDelete