Monday, August 10, 2009

But I don't wanna!

I've been super lazy this past week. I think I've walked once. Yeah, I know. I haven't lost any weight, either. But, as I said in my previous blog, I'm trying to look beyond that. I hope this isn't the plateau nurse Wanda talked to me about right before my surgery. That 100-lb. mark is so close yet so far. It'll come.

Maybe I just need to move my ass, ya think?

But, I don't wanna. Lazy! Just lazy. *sigh*

I was all set to go to the pool this past Thursday when my dinner (salmon and mashed potatoes) made me seriously ill. I felt liked warmed over poo all evening and into the next day so exercise was out. You ever tell yourself little white lies to convince yourself you really are exercising when you're not? I cleaned the house...that's exercise! I went shopping today...that's exercise! Well, bullshit. It ain't the same thing.

Well, it's 8:15 and so far, dinner is going down well so....I'm going to the pool. Come hell or high water. In fact, I'm writing about it here because it'll make me more likely to go. I know once I get in that water I will be so happy. I really love water. It's just getting me out the door that's hard. Not sure what's wrong with me, but my motivation for exercise is NADA lately.

And what am I having for dinner you ask? I guess I should preface that by saying, yep, it's 8 p.m. and I'm eating dinner. That whole 'don't eat after 6 p.m.' stuff is crap, IMO. When I lost all the pre-op weight, I simply ate when I was hungry no matter the time. Worked ok for me. And I'm lucky if I get dinner started by 7, let alone eat a full meal by 6. So whatever.

Tonight I made Supreme Pizza Bake from Susan Leach of bariatriceating.com. I looked for the recipe on her site but couldn't find it. This is from the book. I suppose if I get a notice from her lawyers, I can take it down. This is an advanced soft-food choice for post ops. I'm on stage 4 at this point.

2 cups marinara sauce (I used Classico roasted garlic & onion - no sugar!)
8 ounces lean Italian sausage (I used Johnston hot & spicy ground sausage. I got it at Zehr's.)
1/4 tsp. whole fennel seeds (I skipped this)
1/2 cup diced pepperoni
15 ounces ricotta cheese (I used light)
1 large egg
1/4 cup grated parmesan (I used a bit more)
1/2 cup roasted red peppers (I skipped these)
2 cups shredded mozzarella
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp. dried oregano

Preheat oven to 350

Pour half sauce into a 2-qt. casserole dish. Brown the sausage in a nonstick pan, mashing with a fork while cooking for a fine texture; blend in the fennel seed. Add the pepperoni and cook until fat is rendered, 2 to 4 min. Transfer the meat mixture to casserole dish using slotted spoon to drain fat (I just put the meat on paper towels to drain.) Blend ricotta with the egg and half the parmesan in a small bowl and spread evenly over the meat layer. Arrange the roasted red peppers on top and spoon on the remaining marinara. Evenly spread the shredded mozzarella and sprinkle with remaining parmesan, red pepper flakes and oregano.

Bake 30-35 min., until bubbling and hot in the center. Let sit for 10 mins. to cool before serving.

Lemme tell ya...this is almost as good as pizza. PIZZA!! Oh, I miss pizza. This is pretty good stuff, though. I think Erich will devour this when he gets home. Mission accomplished!

Ok, I'm off to the water!

5 comments:

  1. Don't forget to wait an hour before swi--ahhhh forget it. Get into the water! This recipe sounds yummy, btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah, remember the wait an hour swimming rule! Almost good as the tissue on your head to go into church if you didn't have a hat or you'd get struck dead on the spot.

    I think you are entitled to a few lazy days, Cin. Just as long as there aren't too many. Get thyself to the pool girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get your ass in gear lady... You've come too far to get lazy now....

    "If I can't, I must"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did, I did! I went, I swear. :) And it was really great. I hit my goal today, too - officially 100 lbs. GONE. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! 100 lbs bye bye!!!! WTG, Cindy! Now swim, girl...and walk walk walk! You can do it! I know getting out the door is the hardest part but once you do, you feel awesome.

    Over here that no-eating-after-6pm rule definitely does NOT apply. Folks here eat dinner late - very late. Usually after 9pm or as late as 11:00. I justify it saying "well, it's lunchtime in the US!" LOL....it's crazy though. I have a tough time w/ it! I can't go to sleep on a full stomach.

    ReplyDelete