Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Truth time

Beach was a bust - evidently it takes a man two days of planning to go and since it was crappy weather Saturday, he didn't plan. So we didn't go Sunday - even though it was beautiful out. Yeah, I'm confused by that, too. Such is the enigma that is Erich. LOL!

I found a new sweater at Walmart! Store of the gods! And for $18, not $50. It's a really fantastic feeling to be able to go into a store and pick something up off the rack and know you can wear it.

Got one of the new protein shots - 3 oz., 42 grams of protein. SCHWING! Dymatize Nutrition Elite Liquid Protein (click to enlarge):



I got it at Sports Nutrition Depot (a.k.a. Mecca) on Fairway Road in Kitchener, in the Kelsey's plaza. The salesgirl said they go quickly. Now, if you use these protein shots, please keep in mind your body can only absorb 30 grams of protein at once so it's wise not to drink the whole 3 oz. in one gulp. I did 1.5 oz. twice and there you go. That plus my food intake more than exceeds the 60-80 grams of protein we require a day. I still have my powdered protein but I intend to use the shots a bit, too.

The shots are quite expensive ($3.99 for one (!!)) and have the consistency of melted Jell-O. The taste isn't bad, but I added a bit of Splenda to more please the palate.

I have looked everywhere for Da Vinci or Toriani sugar-free syrups. I read on an online message board in response to another Canadian looking aimlessly for them that sometimes HomeSense has them. Hm. I looked in every HomeSense in the area and found some sugar-free syrups at the one on Fairway Road, beside the Kelsey plaza. Evidently the world revolves around the Kelsey plaza....anyway....they weren't Da Vinci or Toriani, but they were there. Chocolate raspberry and pomegranate. Meh. I left them. The search continues.

My girl Ruby was in People magazine last week showing off her 328-lb. bod in a pair of jeans. First jeans she's had on since childhood. And once again, Ruby and I are totally on the same page. I weigh one pound more than she does (329). Yep. Now you know! I figure what the hell? It's starting to feel crazy to hide my weight, so there it is. I've lost 115 - so if you're good at math, you can figure out that pre-op, in February, I started this whole thing at 444 lbs. I was only going to share that figure when I reached my goal but screw it.

Personally, I think I look damn good for 329 lbs. LMAO!

My goal is 200. Lemme tell you what, I will look GOOD at 200 lbs. I will feel good. I will be alllll good. I don't need to weigh 135 lbs. or anything. I'm 5'10" and, ah, "big-boned". So that's the goal.

Right now, I can't see past 300. I was 19 or 20 the last time I was under 300 lbs. I will do the happy Bo dance of glee when I get under that!

Gleeeeee!!!!

OH! And I made the Eggface Taco Bites over the weekend and they were awesome. I put the batch in the fridge and eat a couple at a time along with some fruit or something. They go down well and are easy to make: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2009/01/super-bites.html

4 comments:

  1. This is the first time I have seen you post your actual weight. I think this means that the reality of what you are doing has finally sunk in... and you are doing it!!! I'm so darn proud of you!!!
    MUCH LOVE,
    BILL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl... I'm so proud of you!! And I just know you'll be doing the "Bo dance" before you know it, but promise me there will be vid of it. ;) Now go get that tat. :) Love ya!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOT! You rock, girl! And screw video! I wanna BE THERE when you do the happy Bo dance of glee *grins*

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS, Cindy!

    You have made amazing strides. You have a ton to be proud of and to do the happy dance of glee about. Love the video, BTW... :)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete