Tuesday, September 29, 2009

What have you done today to make you feel proud?

The title of this blog comes from the theme song to the show The Biggest Loser, which is now in its 3rd week on NBC. I encourage anyone reading this blog to tune into that show. Last season was the first time I'd ever watched it and it helped me, motivated me, soooo much pre-op when I was losing the 40 lbs. Dr. Genaw asked of me. I jogged (a few feet!) because I saw people on there nearly as big as I was doing it. It's very cool.

There's a guy, Daniel, on this season who was there last season, too. He's lost well over 100 lbs., but got cut early last time. His partner just wasn't serious, in my opinion, and Daniel suffered as a result. He's only 19 and last season, he weighed in at 454 lbs. Very close to my 444. This season, he started at 312 - and I'm at 313! So I identify a lot with Daniel. I see his struggles and support him 100% - along with all the other contestants of course. If you tune in, keep a box of tissues handy. Just sayin'.

I weighed myself on Sunday and saw a loss of three. At 313, I've lost 131 lbs. total. Now, I've weighed myself early in the week before, only to see a lb. or two come back on by Friday, so we'll see how that goes! Plus I will weigh in at Henry Ford tomorrow.

I head to Detroit tomorrow for my next post-op follow up with Dr. Genaw. I got a copy of my most recent bloodwork today and everything looks pretty tickety-boo. There are a few things that tested higher than normal and after some research on Google, I learned they have to do with my liver. Hm. Not sure what's up but I guess we'll see tomorrow. My family doctor wasn't concerned with anything on those test results, so that's good news.

My trainer, Jennifer, and I have FINALLY connected and I start my sessions with her on Friday after work. It was a crazy, drawn-out process but she called me Monday at work and we scheduled all 12 of my sessions. Yes, I went ahead and got the 12 instead of the 6. I figure I'll never see these prices again so I went for it. I know this will be one of the hardest things I've ever done but I'm so ready to get started! I'm anxious to do this and see some results.

I'm starting to have issues with my new body - I'm a little concerned that I'll actually look worse when all this is over than I did before! Wrinkles and sagging are appearing. Not fun and not attractive. My health is much better but I'm not so sure I look better naked! LOL! I'm hoping the gym will help. Now all I need is a winning lottery ticket for plastic surgery at the end of the road. Anybody have one they'd like to give me??? ;) Vanity also isn't attractive so this is something I'm struggling with.

So what have you done today to make you feel proud? Me, well, I walked for 30 mins. tonight after work. I got in all my vitamins, supplements and protein. I've done 2 loads of laundry! I've made a list of everything I need for Detroit (passport included!!). I made a big pot of my good friend Lisa's potato cheese soup (delish). Not too bad for today.

7 comments:

  1. Remember the passport this time .. very important!
    LOL What did I do today to make me feel proud?
    hmmm? Good thing it's still early!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've lost over 60 lbs now and I definitely think I look older in a lot of ways, but I still think being healthy is worth it. Well plus at my age I don't care what I look like naked as long as I look better than before with clothes on. But lots of wrinkles in my face, my neck is blech too.

    Keep up the good work, kiddo, just look at those three pictures you posted here. Man alive, look at that face! Look at that smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I confess... I'm a reality show junkie. Tracey is a nut case. Jillian was a mad woman.. not sure I've ever seen her so upset... I feel bad for Coach Mo. On the flip side, the unselfish act of Antoine and Sean.. that's what it's all about. Yup, I'm a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was supposed to go to the gym and do some cardio today. I was really tired and my body was hurting from last nights workout, so I was going to skip. But I sat down to watch The Biggest Loser and after about half an hour I decided to get up and go. It was almost 10:00 and I only had an hour to be on the treadmill, but I did it and it felt good. So I am really proud of myself for going and for eating well today. :)

    Keep up the good work, Cindy. Looking forward to hearing about your work with the trainer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the inspiring blog, Cindy!

    I love the Biggest Loser. Kleenex is good advice. And Bill... I agree about Tracey.

    Sadly...I haven't done anything I feel proud of yet... but now I am inspired, so I know today, I will. :)

    Hugs to all!

    GenCi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does not flipping anyone off today count as something to be proud of?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan - 60 lbs.! I never would've thought you had that much to lose in the first place! You must be a whisper of a thing by now. :) Can't wait to see you again!

    Bill - YES to everything you said. Tracey is indeed a nut case and I feel awful for Coach Mo.

    Lecia - I'm so excited to be on this Gym Journey with you! I love you.

    Marianne - You crack me up! YES, that counts. You should be proud.

    ReplyDelete