Saturday, September 5, 2009

What a week

Sorry I haven't posted this week but at this point I feel lucky that I'm even still coherent. It was a helluva week at work. The economy finally caught up with us and man...it wasn't pleasant. I was really sad to see a couple co-workers go but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was grateful to be spared. None of us went completely unscathed but it is what it is and I need to focus on one day at a time. Just putting one foot in front of the other was tough this week. No pool, no walking. I did NOTHING. I have to get back into my routine for my own health and sanity.

Eating was tough, too. A lot of stuff came back up this week that should not have and it left me feeling sick and tired. Exhausted, but not able to sleep! Not a good combo. Stress has always affected me in a very physical way. My stomach felt like it was literally churning a lot of the time, I had headaches and my 'glowing' skin now looks like complete and total crap. Sigh.

But!! It's the long weekend! Huzzah!! Erich and I plan on going to see District 9 this afternoon then to the beach tomorrow. We always go down to Port Burwell on the northern shore of Lake Erie. It's a very quiet beach with few people, clean sand and warmer water than the more popular beach towns up north. We love it. We haven't had much of a summer up here, so it will be our first (and likely last) visit of the season.

The beach should be interesting. As I've said many times, I love to swim. Getting into a bathing suit isn't the most pleasant thing, but I will suffer the stares and giggles to get in that water. Going down there has always been a slight ordeal for me, physically. There's a walk over a hill to get to the beach that has challenged me in the past. Erich always goes for a long walk along the shore and I have never, ever gone with him. We'll see what happens tomorrow, but I expect to be pleasantly surprised by what I'm physically capable of.

Despite all the stress this past week, somehow I managed to lose 4 lbs., which is the best result I've had for a couple weeks now. I was really happy about that! I'm down 115 total. I realized, looking at the calendar I used to keep track of my weight, that I wasn't keeping very good track of it. And I weighed myself too much, maybe thinking it had been longer between weigh-ins than it really was. I need to stick to the Friday weigh-ins and quit making myself crazy. No slave to the numbers. Must remember that.

Random strange thing about losing weight: it takes less time to do the laundry. Cuz the clothes are smaller, which means you can get more clothes in each load. Odd! I was folding laundry last week and each time I picked up something of mine, I had this feeling like 'Is that mine? It's too small, it can't be mine.' Feeling and seeing my clothes like that hammers home that I really am shrinking! Too funny.

4 comments:

  1. Love ya girl! I love reading your blogs and following your success. See you on the 27th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about all the stress at work, but you got through it and you lost weight, so you did good! Have fun at the beach, sounds fabulous.

    Your last paragraph made me smile, because I know that exact feeling. I'll be like "wow, is this mine?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Cindy!! I can't get over the pics here on your blog. You look so much happier and healthier now. Keep it up, girl!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you had a rough week, Cindy, But YAY for the Laundry experience. And I agree with Jan... LOVING those smiling pix! :)

    ReplyDelete