Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Approaching milestone

I've been gone for a few days - I went home to Ohio for our family reunion. Usually, I'm there for over a week but I decided to only go for a few days this time. Since my grandmother's death, I was afraid this might be the last get-together. I was exhausted and still recovering from surgery but I decided I needed to make the trip.

It was good to be home, even for a short while. Everyone commented on my weight loss - and I was just there in late May for grandma's funeral so I guess the metamorphosis is happening quickly. My mother insisted on taking me shopping for some new clothes. What a whole new world already! In the past, I would look for things I could wear, not necessarily what I liked. I might take 3 or 4 things in the biggest size the store carried into the dressing room with me. Nine times out of 10, I wouldn't be able to wear a thing. This time, I had room to move up or down a size and had to pick and choose things to buy because I could wear everything I tried on. Wow, that's pretty cool. And my feet are shrinking right along with the rest of me. Interesting!

We drove onto Ohio after I went to my re-scheduled appointment at Henry Ford on Wednesday. Evidently I'm still doing everything right, which is a relief. I'm really afraid of screwing this up. LOL! I was told I wasn't eating or drinking enough, though. I never thought anyone would ever tell me I wasn't eating enough! So I need to up my caloric intake but it's hard. I'm rarely hungry and still can't eat much more than 1/4 cup at a time. The drinking is a whole 'nother thing. The math doesn't add up, dude. How can I get in 64 oz. a day when I can't drink 30 min. before or after meals and they want me to eat 5 times a day?? Plus I can't drink much at one time, soooo....I'm lost. I guess I'll just do the best I can.

My weigh-in went well and I now know that, as of today, I have lost 97 lbs. I'm using a different, lesser-capacity scale at home and it's more in line with the scale at Henry Ford so hopefully I won't get confused anymore about my total weight loss :-)

The 100-lb. milestone will be here before I know it. I want my tattoo! I've talked about getting a tat to commemorate the whole Bo Bice experience for years. A baby chick, or something 'peep' related. *Bo refers to his fans as Bo Peeps* I am definitely not interested in getting his name, initials, picture or anything like that - um, no. I love the man, but I love my husband more and I think that's disrespectful to him. The peep is Erich approved, however. LOL! There's a guy here locally, Tim, who's tattooed and pierced many people we know and love (including Erich) so he is the one I will go to when the time comes. I already have one tattoo and it HURT. A lot. So this is a big deal for me, getting another one!

Thanks bunches for hanging in there with me! I know I have several new subscribers so 'hey'! *waves irrationally* The blogspot subscriber thing is weird. I have 'followers', which can be seen at the side of entries, and I have subscribers - who number far more than the followers. I wish there was a way to combine them?? Probably is and I'm too dunce to figure it out. Ah well. Welcome everyone and I love ya'll!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new clothes. That's really cool. You've almost lost a whole person. A small person, but still.... A peep tat would be cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy - that is amazing - you are doing so well and I am so proud of you. You are truly an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! NEW CLOTHES! I'm so glad your mom insisted. You gonna give us a peek?

    Good luck with the tatt. Where you going to put it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great Mom to take you new clothes shopping to celebrate! Those are some great memories to make, and clothes shopping can be VERY exciting. :) Congrats, Cindy, and keep up the great work!

    Hugs..
    GenCi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Cindy! So let me ask you...are things going pretty much the way you imagined? Keep up the good work! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BRAVO!!! Keep up the good work!!!
    MUCH LOVE,
    BILL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone!

    Laura - I have not decided on the location of the tat yet. Maybe on on upper back over towards my shoulder or something. I will take pics of the clothes (and me in them) when I update my 'after' pic :)

    Marianne - Yes, I guess things are going as I imagined them. I'm not losing as much weight as fast as I'd like but then I perhaps had my expectations set too high. I am my own worst critic. When I got on the scale at Henry Ford, I told the girl 'I don't think that's very good..is that good?' She said 'Yes! That's REALLY good! Especially so soon.' So I dunno. And my drs. seemed very happy that I haven't actually hurled yet. LOL! Nausea, dry heaves, but nothing more. So that's good.

    ReplyDelete