Thursday, August 27, 2009

Busy few days

So here's what I've accomplished so far this week.

- Been to the pool twice. I love the water so much I can't even tell you. If I ever won the lottery, I would install a heated, indoor swimming pool in my brand-new 5000-sq.-ft. house. And yes, I'd hire a pool boy for the upkeep. Pool boy. Heh.

One thing that annoys me about the pool is the way some people bring their kids to the 9 p.m. adult swim. Hello? It's an adult swim? I go at 9 p.m. to avoid the nursery school parade of yardapes screeching their heads off and/or laughing at the fat lady in the pool. Get a clue, get a life, get a babysitter. /rant

- Went through my shoes and tossed out about 6 pairs. Yes, my feet are shrinking. At one time, I wore a size 12 - pre-op, I was into an 11, mostly 11 wides. I no longer need the wides at all and actually, I need 10-1/2. Did you know a 10-1/2 is about as easy to find as a virgin in a whorehouse? In any event, my big goal this fall/winter is to buy some boots. Something as easy as that isn't easy for me. I haven't found a pair of boots that fit around my calves for, oh, about 20 years? There was fringe involved so it was likely during a Bon Jovi faze. Yes, I know they make wide-calf boots. No, they're not wide enough. But we shall see.

- Tried on most of the jewelry in my jewelry chest. All of my rings are too big, even my wedding set. I almost lost it in the pool last night so I took it off. However, I do have some that were once reserved for my pinky that now fit my ring finger well. I searched high and low for watches and bracelets that would fit and now they're falling off. My Italian-charm-style Bo Bice watch is handy for me. I've taken two charms out of it so it fits better. My necklaces are too big! I have never been able to wear the chains that come with most charms - really, they're more suitable for Malibu Barbie than real women. So I have a lot of longer chains. Now, none of them hit me where they used to and they look weird with my many v-neck shirts.

- I found a liquid multivitamin. The Centrum just wasn't going down well, even one half at a time. So I went to GNC and the verrrry cute little salesguy directed me towards Maxion Nutrition's Max Multi. It's a really big bottle of citrus-flavored liquid and a complete multivitamin. Not cheap, but I have to have it. A one-ounce shot beats the hell out of chewable crap. It's not awful by itself, but I chase it with some Crystal Light tea and it's all good. I hung onto the Centrum and will give it a go in another couple months' time.

- Did not go on a shooting rampage in my office. Talk about self control!! Quite an accomplishment, all things considered.

- Had fish and mac & cheese for lunch today. Huzzah!! Almost like a real-person meal! I was excited, lemme tell ya. It went down great, no problems. I'm a happy girl.

- Picked up a bunch of clothes from my mother-in-law. She is a seamstress and I am sooo lucky to have her to alter things for me. She knows my measurements better than anyone and she is astonished at my new figure. I go over for fittings and she mutters to herself in Hungarian, shaking her head. Sometimes Zsa Zsa Gabor-accented English comes out: "It's unbelievable...it's unbelievable..." She cracks me up. Says things like "You are normal person!" "You have a vaist now!" "Ohhhh, dah-ling...look at you!" I love her to pieces.

So that's about it. Life is plugging along. I'm not losing weight like I think I should but it is what it is. Some days I struggle with the decision to have the surgery but then I'm reminded that because of it, I'm in the battle for good and I can't give up. Even if I wanted to. I've lost 111 lbs. total, 40 since my surgery on July 7.

6 comments:

  1. Keep on keepin' on, Cindy!

    Your MIL? LOL!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never second guess yourself! You made the right decision for you! Hang in there, you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rock on, Cindy! Who knew rings that fall off would be a GOOD thing! It's awesome! Congratulations, and hugs to you for all your efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luv your new picture, Cindy - you look MAH vel ous!! I love what your husband said about having a neck - I am getting that, too, back after all this time and the jewlery - Oh, boy! Do I recognize the chains and the rings...Way to go my dear gal!!! Congratulations and go baby, go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chin Up!!! You KNOW you made the right decision so none of this 2nd guessing stuff....
    I can only imagine you 1 year from July 7th.
    One step at a time...

    ML
    BILL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cindy, when you're beating yourself up about slow weight loss, think of this. In the time you lost 40lbs, I have lost 8lbs. I am losing an average of half a pound a week. It's going to take forever to get to my goal!

    40lbs since July 7th is very fast weight loss. Congrats!

    Lulu1001

    ReplyDelete