Friday, August 14, 2009

Okay, part 2

It's a new day, I've had some sleep and I feel better. I've lost three more pounds since Tuesday, making it a total of 103. I'm not done and I need to woman up and get on with it. Whining isn't attractive - although I do think I'm entitled every now and then! Also, note to self: try not to blog when PMSing.

So this morning, I woke up and decided to try and maintain some discipline and perspective. I've already done a walk and am now sipping my pb&chocolate protein. I'll wait 30 mins., eat a tiny bit then head off to work. It's FRIDAY!

By the way, I did start back to work on Monday and things are the same there. LOL! It was nice to see everyone again. I do really like most, well really all, of my co-workers. Not many people can say that. At least my boss gave me a little project to work on that will let my creative juices flow a bit which breaks up the day nicely.

By the by...speaking of PMS...I went to Bulk Barn last weekend and while there got some Hershey's sugar-free chocolate caramel squares. I've had two of them so far and they are soooo good. There is no way you could tell they're sugar free. I figure a few of those every month might keep me sane. They also had Reese minis and mini Peppermint Patties, too. Just an FYI for my Canadian readers. Oh, and they also had 5-grain pancake mix, a staple needed in a lot of recipes from the Eggface blog (see link at left).

Tuesday's episode of Ruby had her shopping for a new personal trainer. Ruby and I are almost the exact same weight now (well, she's probably lost a bunch more since filming these episodes) and I'm also thinking I really need to get to a gym. I can't afford to hire a personal trainer, but I know I need someone to show me the steps I need to take to firm up as much as I can. I do not want to look like a shar-pei puppy if I can help it. Maybe I'll start looking around in the area next week. My brother-in-law belongs to a gym, but it is HUGE and co-ed....I might want to start at a smaller women's-only facility.

So that's it. I feel better this morning and I know this journey will be long and difficult. I also know why I did this - to be successful and get to a healthy weight for the first time since very early childhood.

7 comments:

  1. Okay, I take my face slap back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're having a better day. Do they have "Curves" there? I think that's all women.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep on keeping on, Cindy! Good days or bad, you're making progress, even if it doesn't seem like it. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy, I am sorry you hd a rough day, but I am glad you are doing better. Know what make you feel better? How 'bout a little reward fro yourself for passing the 100 pound mark? I think a massage would be REALLY theraputic for you, and get your body in balance.

    Keep up the great work.

    Hugs...
    GenCi

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're feeling better. I've been thinking about you.

    And 103lbs - wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. pb and choclate protien where did you find this ..
    and congrats i think you are doing awsome .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan - LOL! Thanks sweetie.

    Doreen - Yes, there are Curves gyms up here. They are on my list to check out. There are also a couple other choices for women only.

    Laura, lulu & GenCi - Thanks so much ladies. And yes, I have thought about a reward for my 100-lb. loss; a tattoo. I just haven't picked out a design yet. Massages still freak me out, I'm afraid.

    Andrea - I got the Isoflex pb&chocolate protein powder at Sport Nutrition Depot in Kitchener. It's beside the Goodlife gym in the Kelsey plaza on Fairway Road.

    ReplyDelete