Saturday, April 11, 2009

Ah, the pound

There it was on my scale Friday morning. One single. Stupid. Pound. Yep, I gained a pound last week. Not good. Now I have to lose seven pounds in two weeks. *heavy sigh*

I gained a pound around this time last month. You make the call as to why. *ahem*

Well, I just have to work harder. Be stronger and push myself. I'll walk, I'll swim, I'll....'chair exercise'. I ain't gonna starve myself though. I'll have plenty of time for that later. Did you know I'll be on a liquid diet for TWO WEEKS, one before and one after the surgery? Then more weeks of soft foods only. I won't be eating for WEEKS, dude. So I ain't starving myself now.

I don't think Dr. Genaw will kill me if I go in there having only lost 36 or 38 lbs. They did specifically tell me that I didn't have to lose the whole 40. But that's my goal, so that's what I'm going for. I'll be disappointed with anything less. I'm too hard on myself sometimes but I'm working on that.

Cross your fingers for me, people!

4 comments:

  1. Stupid pound. I'm sure it's monthly related. Enjoy your Easter and don't worry about that pound. It won't be there next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so fricken/fracken proud of you! You have done an amazing job my friend and I couldn't be more happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing great, Cindy! One pound isn't going to be a big deal. In fact, do I remember correctly? When you gained that pound last time, you lost 8 pounds the next week? I'll have to go back and look...

    You can do this! Love ya, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reen - Thanks, sweetie. My Easter was..difficult. I didn't eat like I normally would, but I ate too much, for sure. *sigh*

    Marianne - Thank you! Love you, girl.

    Laura - God, I don't know...I hope so! Easter hasn't helped the situation this week, though. Plus I think I'm stressed out, which, along with my normal mental state this time of the month, has made me have the munchies really bad. I'm exercising more, however. So we'll see.

    ReplyDelete