Friday, April 24, 2009

July 7

I'm kinda buzzing right now! I feel really good, like I have something to celebrate, something to look forward to. I'm going out for drinks in a little bit to raise a toast to my new life. *clink*

So when I got on the scales this morning, I had the 1-lb. weight loss. I was pretty upset, but I figured it would be ok. Well, when I got to Detroit and hopped on the scale at Dr. Genaw's office, the reading was different by minus 3 lbs. That meant I'd really lost 4 - a total weight loss of 42 pounds since Feb. 9. In the words of Dr. Genaw himself...

WHOO-HOO!!!

LOL! Yeah, he let out a whoop for me when he saw the numbers. Every time I see him, I like him more. He's congenial, funny and he talks like he knows what the hell he's doing. All good things.

My surgery date is July 7. I will go to Henry Ford Hospital on the 6th for my weigh-in and pre-op stuff. I'll be off work for a month. Smack dab in the middle of summer, when everyone in my dept. will want vacation. No two of us can have time off at the same time. I hate that, but there's nothing I can do about it. If it wasn't in July, it may have been postponed till Sept. - I don't want to wait that long. I've waited my whole life for this. It's time to think about ME.

My Bo friends will appreciate this little story. The hospital gives all patients a blue binder to put all the info and appointments throughout the whole process in so you can keep it together and straight. There's a clear sleeve on the front and back. I kept grabbing it and when I'd open it, it'd be upside down or backwards. So I put an autographed pic of Bo in the front sleeve so I'd know which way to hold it and open it. Today, we saw a data collection agent at the hospital - which is just someone who gathers all the info on you for pre-op. I handed her my binder and she rubs the cover with Bo's picture and says, all dreamy like, "Ohhhh....Bo Bice...I like him." Then she giggled. LMAO! He does tend to have that effect on women, huh? That's The Bice Effect. ;-) Then she and I discussed the fabulous-ness of Adam Lambert. Heh.

Dr. Genaw didn't give me another goal to work towards for the pre-op weigh-in. He just said "Keep it up." But I think I'll set a goal for myself - maybe 30 or 35 lbs. It's 10 more weeks, about the same amount of time it took me to lose the 42 I just lost. I'll have to think about it.

So that's my report! I feel good, dude. It's all good.

7 comments:

  1. WOO-HOO!!!

    TFF about the Bo fan. We're everywhere.

    Congrats Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hate to say i told you so,but I TOLD YOU SO. LOL
    way to freaking go... had no doubts.
    ok so this may be a stupid question, but you know me, not the sharpest crayon in the box, but where is this Henry Ford Hospital? Canada, or here in the states?
    Im asking because i would like to come be with you, or at least visit.. Hopefully i will have some extra money.
    maybe if Katrina is coming she wouldnt mind if i went with her(we seem to be communicating better, yeah!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great going there Cindy! I started Weight Watchers on Feb. 2 and have lost 30 lbs myself!!! It's not easy, but you are my inspiration! Yes, it is time to think about you. You sooooo deserve it! And Bo does have that effect on everybody - I've seen it happen so often!! Love, Bocrazy Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY Cindy!!! You did it. Cheers to you!
    Love the Bo story. He is pretty dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Cindy! I knew you could do it! I'll be praying!

    BTW: I sent you a little photo "love" from last night in celebration. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic News!!!!! Way to go Cindy!!!

    Smiling at the Bo story!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've said it before, but I'll say it again... I'm so proud of you Cindy!!! *clink*

    ReplyDelete