Monday, February 9, 2009

Cindy vs. Timmy

So it was my birthday on Saturday and, following some inane tradition no doubt thought up by someone who has the metabolism of Kate Moss, I brought in 2 dozen Tim Horton doughnuts to work today. Tim Hortons is to Canada what Dunkin Donuts is to the U.S.

First off, I need to get on a schedule. I thought I WAS on a schedule, but I need a new one now. I left this morning in a rush and nothing for breakfast. *light bulb* Heyyyy....I'm stopping at Timmy's, I'll grab a breakfast sandwich. Just this one time. Yeah, I know. So I did that but vowed not to eat a single donut all day. You have to understand that previously, I probably would've chowed down 2 or three in the course of a day.

All day long, those damn things were like beacons of sugar-encrusted happiness calling my name from the lunch room. People eating them all around me. It was tough. I sucked on my sugar-free peppermints and guzzled water. Timmy had already gotten me once today, I'll be damned if I was gonna succumb twice.

And I did it! Not a one passed my lips. Yay me. I know I had the damn sandwich first thing this morning, but I did better the whole day after that. In the past, I've fallen prey to that way of thinking that's like "Well, I screwed up and ate the pie, might as well have the pizza....and the cheeseburger...and the chips..." You get the idea. In my quest to make lemonade out of lemons, I can say that today I turned it around. Moving on. Next!

I also took a walk when I got home. Any physical activity at all is a triumph for me. So that was good.

And I'm getting ready to eat salmon and veggies for dinner. So there.

Baby steps. I don't think I can go from where I was to immediately eating 1200 calories and working out for an hour every day. It's too much. I ain't on The Biggest Loser. But in the end, I'm hoping it'll count for something!

10 comments:

  1. Hey, I'd chalk that up to a HUGE success! I don't know as I could bring in donuts for everyone and not indulge myself, so you get extordinary kudos for that one. One small step... but seriously.. it was a pretty huge step!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, Paris! Great job, Cindy!

    What kind of veggies did you have with your salmon? And did you like them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!

    Laura, I had broccoli, which I've always liked. Just this time I didn't pour cheese on it. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOT! You rock girl. It will all definitly count for something. You're on your way and I'm proud of you! Mega hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. WTG Cindy! I'm very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice going cin, i couldnt have made it all day, if there where tim hortons in the building, i can smell em a mile away. im very proud of you.
    wish you where home, maybe i could do some of that walking with you, lord knows i need it too.
    much love,
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Cindy...I give you a lot of credit. You're much stronger then I could ever be. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good girl! After my week in FL during, which I did not follow my Weight Watchers (which I joined a month or so ago) thing, I told them in the meeting that I had made some bad choices but I had made lots of good ones too and that I was positive I had done better than I would have previously. So did you today! One day at a time, baby.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cindy, Your day was a HUGE success!! I think I've finally learned that sucess doesn't mean being "perfect" with a plan, but being "better". And not eating 6 donuts yesterday is success!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to go Cindy! You should be proud.

    ReplyDelete